What is an Etsy Team?
An Etsy Team is a voluntary group of Etsy shop owners who work together to promote their merchandise. By centralizing products by theme or location customers can more easily find shops and products that most interest them. For example, creating a team dedicated to Ukrainian art and craft allows customers to find all Ukrainian-made products in one location. Etsy Teams are designed to help Etsy shop owners promote their products together. This is their sole function. Shop owners do not share profits and are not responsible for other team members’ behavior.
Does Eastern Rinok have an Etsy Team?
Yes! The Eastern Rinok team is organized by region (Ukraine) and affiliation (Peace Corps). Our Etsy Team name is, you guessed it, Eastern Rinok. If the Eastern Rinok team interests you, please review the following team rules and membership requirements before applying:
- Members must be Ukrainian citizens
- Members must live and work in Ukraine
- Members must be over 18 years of age
- Members must abide by Etsy’s shop ownership regulations
- Members have completed the Peace Corps volunteer-sponsored training and support program
- Team membership may be terminated by the team captain for Etsy and/or team rules’ violations
- Each member is the sole owner of his or her own Etsy shop and all shop profits go directly to the shop owner
- Members agree to attend on-going education courses hosted by Peace Corps volunteers or their affiliates
- Members understand that Eastern Rinok is NOT an official U.S. Peace Corps program and therefore cannot claim to be supported or funded by this organization
- Each member is solely responsible for his or her Etsy shop – Peace Corps volunteers and their affiliates are not responsible for the content and transactions of team members’ shops
- Members agree to respect each other’s intellectual property rights, and sellers engaging in predatory sales of members’ art/craft will be dismissed from the team
- Members agree to abide by shop policies determined by Eastern Rinok organizers
How is the team structured?
Each team has a captain. This person helps organize and lead the team. Because a team captain must be an active Etsy seller, our team’s captain will be a Ukrainian entrepreneur nominated and elected by the program’s Peace Corps administrators. Additional Ukrainian team leaders will support the team captain, provide business training to other team members, and play an active role in developing the program.
What can an Etsy Team and its members NOT do?
- Charge or pay membership dues
- Knowingly harass, insult or abuse other members or Etsy staff
- Use mature, profane or racist language or images in the team’s name, banner or logo
- Promote or glorify hatred, racial or religious intolerance, violence or instruct others to engage in illegal activity
- Redirect traffic to another web location
- Use the term “Etsy,” other Etsy Trademarks or similar marks in a manner likely to cause confusion
What else do I need to know?
As a team we make a commitment to always serve in the best interests of the customer. Negative customer feedback can severely damage not only your business, but also the team as a whole. Therefore, any customer or transaction dispute should be resolved with the help of the team captain in order to ensure swift problem resolution and to minimize the potential for negative seller or team feedback. We do what is right by the customer, or we don’t do it at all.
As a team member you are responsible for you own actions within the team, including:
- Resolving your concerns/problems with team members and customers in a professional manner, Etsy will not mediate disputes between teams and outside parties, nor disputes between teams or team members
- Maintaining discretion. Specific transactions and/or feedback should not be discussed in public spaces. Instead, talk privately with the members involved. Or contact Etsy Support privately if you need further help with a transaction.
- Not publicly posting any kind of personally identifiable information of other non-consenting people (for example: email address, Conversations, letters, phone numbers, addresses, full names or business transactions).
How do I join the team?
If you would like to join the Eastern Rinok team and are a registered Etsy seller who meets the requirements for team membership, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A program representative will contact you to discuss next steps. We look forward to you joining the team!